(Image from http://www.lolroflmao.com)
Thanks to a friend from long ago for the link above that highlights the racist history of one of America’s favorite soft drinks.
There was nothing “soft” about the original version of Coca’ Cola. It actually used to have cocaine as one of its main ingredients. Fearful, that many Black folks would drink too much of this evil elixir and start rightfully exacting revenge against racist treatment they suffered from inbred idiots(Mostly Southern White Democrats)-there was a repulsive, redneck effort to outlaw its consumption by Black people. Really?
These predominantly democratic, and satanically possessed racist hooligans actually tried to physically assault Black people who possessed a bottle of “Coke.”
Along came the creators of Pepsi, who had no problem appealing to EVERYONE. Suddenly, with the speed of today’s Republicans, who are now suddenly “genuinely interested” in resolving the issues of illegal immigration, Coca’Cola’s creators removed the cocaine and infused sugar as an “appropriate substitute.” Instead of creating liquid-crack addicted citizens, they provided high-blood pressure, diabetes and obesity instead.
Read this story from The NYTimes to see how hard-nosed racism even dictated distribution of a supposed “soft” drink. Motherfuck a bottle of Jim Crow’s Coke!!!! ~Daryl
- More on Coke and the NAACP’s Brief Against New York City’s Ban on the Sale of Large Sugary Drinks (pubcit.typepad.com)
- A Brief History of Racist Soft Drinks (theatlanticwire.com)
- Rose Cameron: According to Kids, Coke and the Critics Are Missing the Point (huffingtonpost.com)
- Watch: Coca-Cola Addresses Obesity in New Ads (abcnews.go.com)
- Coke, Pepsi, cocaine, and race (alcoholanddrugshistorysociety.wordpress.com)