It’s been a tough week for Cleveland sports fans. Indian’s closer, Chriz Perez and his wife get arrested after a package addressed to his residence gets intercepted by The Post Office and law enforcement authorities. The package that was sent to his home contained over a third of a pound of ganja mailed from Los Angeles. It was addressed to “Brody Baum” which is a combination of their dogs name and his wife’s maiden name. Personally, I believe these morons are hooked on something a little stronger than weed. What in the hell were they thinking? The one brain cell that Cheech&Chong possessed between them would not have thought of doing something so idiotic. Perez makes enough money-He could have paid someone to keep his stash replenished without risking even more exposure and a criminal record. Better yet, he could have followed the rules of MLB-No drugs at all. This stoner is fried from something else besides bong hits-Bath Salts, Crystal Meth or Crack might be involved as well.
Cleveland Browns receiver Josh Gordon was suspended for two games next season for violating The NFL’s substance abuse policy. Coming off of a college career that featured numerous bouts with the bong-Gordon claims he was given medicine that contained codeine for a bout with strep throat. Did he forget about fellow teammate Joe Haden‘s four game suspension last year for “innocently” using adderall to recover from a drunken night in Vegas?
LeBron James going for his 2nd NBA championship, outside of Cleveland, is also surely pissing some local fans off. It’s been a tough week, but what else can a Cleveland sports fan do, but continue to pray that things get better sooner than later.~Daryl
- Closer Perez, wife charged with pot possession (espn.go.com)
- Perez, wife charged with pot possession (newsnet5.com)
- Week in Review: Starters’ Struggles, Gordon’s Suspension, Perez Saga Continues (216sense.wordpress.com)
- Browns WR Josh Gordon Suspended Two Games, Who Will Emerge? (theinscribermag.com)
- Indians Chris Perez Had Weed Delivered to His House in His Dog’s Name (blacksportsonline.com)
- Police: Perez, Wife Turn Themselves In (fox8.com)